Sonya D. Spalinger, AIA
Vice President & Secretary
Sonya Spalinger, Vice President & Secretary in SRJ Architects, has been with SRJ since 1993. She is a Past President of the Southwest Georgia Chapter, American Institute of Architects.
Much of her tenure at SRJ has been devoted to design of academic facilities that can meet the needs of educators and students far into the future.
An expert in designing facilities to meet the strategic needs of education clients, she leads a design team through all phases of design and construction.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, 1991
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Georgia: #RA010764
Interior Designer Registration
- Georgia: #ID000535
Personal Affiliations and Training
- American Institute of Architects; Past President of Southwest Georgia Chapter
- American Institute of Architects; Georgia 2005 and 2006 Board of Directors, Vice President of Education
- Southern Building Code Research and Application Training
- Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Systems Training
- Building Information Modeling Software Training
- Member of The Rotary Club of Dougherty County
- Lee County High School Construction Advisory Committee
- Dougherty County School System CTAE District Advisory Board
- LEED for New Construction & Major Renovations: Technical Review Workshop by USGBC
- Intro to the Green Building Industry & LEED NC 2.2
- LEED NC 2.2 Exam Prep at the Georgia Alabama Partnership for Sustainability Conference
- Redesigning High Schools For Improved Instruction Institute, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Certified Guiding Principles Compliance Professional (GPCP)