The scope of this project included total Modernization of the original 1952, 1968, and 1971 buildings and Renovations and Modernization of the 1987, 1988, and 1998 buildings. This school is a Pre-K through 5th grade facility. The Modernized building walls were demoed back to the original concrete structure and new insulated walls with brick veneer with new insulated windows were built.
A new drop-off canopy was installed with a secured vestibule and an addition for the Administration Area. The Media Center was relocated to a central location, more easily accessed by students, and the circulation paths were enlarged between wings for better visibility. New roofs and wall panels were installed with increased insulation.
This project also included updates of electrical, lighting, and power, new HVAC systems, modernization of toilet facilities meeting ADA requirements, and new ceilings and floor coverings throughout the building. ADA improvements were also made to drinking fountains. Millwork was replaced throughout the school. Decorative fencing, with egress gates, was added between buildings to create a more secure campus for students moving between buildings.